Stevie attended the 29th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Thursday night. She joined an all-star cast of musicians to pay tribute to the great Linda Ronstadt, one of this year’s inductees.
Stevie took the lead on Ronstadt’s 1977 hit “It’s So Easy,” while her “backup supergroup” consisting of Sheryl Crow, Glenn Frey, Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, and Carrie Underwood sang along.
Stevie said that hearing the song (which was originally recorded by Buddy Holly in 1958) in high school inspired her to be a singer.
Afflicted with Parkinson’s disease, Linda Ronstadt chose not attend the ceremony.
Linda Ronstadt Tribute Set List
- Different Drum (Carrie Underwood)
- Blue Bayou (Bonnie Raitt & Emmylou Harris)
- You’re No Good (Sheryl Crow & Glenn Frey)
- It’s So Easy (Sheryl Crow, Glenn Frey, Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Carrie Underwood, and Stevie Nicks on lead vocals)
- When Will I Be Loved (Sheryl Crow, Emmylou, Harris, Stevie Nicks, Bonnie Raitt, and Carrie Underwood)
The New York Daily News provided a live blog and posted videos clips from the induction ceremony. The full show will air May 31 on HBO.
It’s So Easy (courtesy of Cool Hand 62)
It’s So Easy (courtesy of Adam Edelman)
When Will I Be Loved
Photo Gallery[slideshow_deploy id=’14727′]
Photos courtesy of Barclays Center, HBO, Rolling Stone, Scott Kropa, Kabir Bhatia, and Frank Posillico