Fleetwood Mac’s 1980 double album Fleetwood Mac Live will get the deluxe edition treatment on April 9. The reissued and remastered set will include 3 CDs and 4 records, with additional live tracks from the 1977 Rumours Tour, 1979-1980 Tusk Tour, and 1982 Mirage Tour; and a special 7″ vinyl record for “Fireflies (unreleased demo)/”One More Night (unreleased demo).”
A “Super Deluxe Tour Edition Bundle,” limited to 1,000 copies, is also available for pre-order from Rhino. The bundle includes everything in the Deluxe Edition, plus tour ephemera. See below for the official product description and links to even more Fleetwood Mac reissues in the pipeline!
Official Product Description
FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE (SUPER DELUXE TOUR EDITION) BUNDLE
- 3CD/2LP 180-gram vinyl
- Newly Remastered Classic Featuring One Hour Of Unreleased Live Music
- Bonus 7″ Featuring Unreleased Demos For “Fireflies” And “One More Night”
- Booklet Featuring Rare Photos, Full Itinerary For The Tusk Tour, History Of The Live Album By David Wild
- Ephemera Including Replica Ticket, Backstage Pass, Button, Iron On Patch, And More
- Limited to 1,000 Copies, Exclusive to Rhino.com
“Then and now, FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE artfully marks a fascinating time period for a group that, in one form or another, has been on the global stage for more than half a century… It’s a wildly entertaining rock ’n’ roll circus in full swing under a big tent of the band’s own creation as they leave audiences dazzled in locales from Paris, France, to Passaic, New Jersey.” – David Wild
When Fleetwood Mac released its first live album in December 1980, it captured the legendary band’s most iconic lineup on stage demonstrating the full scope of their collective, creative powers. Recorded mostly during the world tour for TUSK, FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE delivered a double-album’s worth of exhilarating performances that included massive hits like “Dreams” and “Go Your Own Way,” “Rhiannon,” and “Don’t Stop.”
On April 9th, we’re giving the band’s live debut a much-deserved encore with a new 3CD/2LP collection that features a remastered version of the original release on both 180-gram vinyl and CD, plus more than an hour of unreleased live music recorded between 1977 and 1982 on the third CD. The set also includes a bonus 7-inch single featuring previously unreleased demos for “Fireflies” and “One More Night.”
The majority of the original album was recorded live between 1979 and 1980, save for a few exceptions: “Don’t Let Me Down Again,” was recorded in 1975 during the tour for FLEETWOOD MAC; “Dreams” and “Don’t Stop” are from the band’s sound check in Paris; while “Fireflies,” “One More Night,” and a cover of the Beach Boys’ “Farmer’s Daughter” were all recorded in California during a special show for the band’s crew, family, and friends.
The 14 live tracks that debut on the SUPER DELUXE EDITION span a wider range of time than those on the original release. They include seven songs from the Tusk tour (1979-80), four from the Rumours tour (1977) and three from the Mirage tour (1982). These stellar additions include live versions of “Tusk,” “Gold Dust Woman,” and “Songbird,” plus “The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown)” – a song written in 1970 by guitarist Peter Green, who founded Fleetwood Mac with Mick Fleetwood and Jeremy Spencer in 1967.
A special TOUR EDITION is available for pre-order exclusively in the Rhino store. Limited to 1,000 copies, this one features the 3-CD/2-LP/7-inch collection plus replica ephemera from the era including a ticket, backstage pass, ad, button, sticker, and iron on patch.
- Fleetwood Mac Live 2LP/3CD/7”
- Fleetwood Mac Live Tour Edition Ephemera
This LIMITED EDITION and EXCLUSIVE bundle comes with a package of tour related ephemera that includes:
- One replica pass
- One replica ticket
- One replica ad
- One button
- One sticker
- One iron on
- Packaged with a cardboard backing and shrink wrapped
Even More Reissues!
Fleetwood Mac fans can delve even further back into the band’s back catalog with the following reissues coming soon:
- Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac (Blue Horizon) – Vinyl
- Mr. Wonderful (Blue Horizon) – Vinyl
- The Pious Bird of Good Omen (Blue Horizon) Vinyl
- Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac (Blue Horizon) – CD
- Mr. Wonderful (Blue Horizon) – CD
- The Pious Bird of Good Omen (Blue Horizon) – CD
- Celebrate the Music of Peter Green and the Early Years of Fleetwood Mac – Mick Fleetwood & Friends (BMG) – Deluxe Edition (4LP/2CD/1Blu-ray)
- Celebrate the Music of Peter Green and the Early Years of Fleetwood Mac – Mick Fleetwood & Friends (BMG) – 3CDs
- Celebrate the Music of Peter Green and the Early Years of Fleetwood Mac – Mick Fleetwood & Friends (BMG) – 2CDs