Stevie Nicks has shared her thoughts on the disaster in Lahaina on the Hawaiian island of Maui. Stevie owns a home in Maui about 15-20 minutes from Lahaina.
In the wake of the devastating fire, Maui Now, a local news outlet on the island, shared a list of organizations that are accepting donations for wildfire relief.
- Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement: The CNHA is working in partnership with the Alakaʻina Foundation Family of Companies and Kākoʻo Haleakalā, to match up to $100,000 in donations. The assistance will go to families and businesses in Lahaina. Click here to donate.
- Maui Humane Society: The fires devastated the community and left many pets homeless. You can donate funds to help with pet supplies and other critical items for animals. For more information, click here.
- Maui Food Bank: The food bank is accepting donations to help people and families who have lost everything. To donate online, click here.
- The Salvation Army: The Salvation Army is also providing food and resources to residents affected by the Hawaii wildfires. Click here to donate.
- American Red Cross of Hawaii: The Red Cross is providing shelter and other resources to those displaced by the fires. The Red Cross has five shelters currently open in Lahaina, which is currently serving over 2,000 people, the organization stated. To donate, click here.
- Hawai‘i Community Foundation Maui Strong Fund: This funds supports disaster preparedness, response, and recovery for affected communities. To donate online, click here.
- Maui United Way: The United Way supports families and nonprofits affected by the fires. Click here to donate.